Subconscious Thought

Out of all the places in the world, you showed up at my doorstep once again last night before my very subconscious. You walked in on my dream, as if walking into your apartment of 7 years - knowing the number of steps it'd take from the bathroom to the oven, like you're more familiar with my mind than you are with anything else. You know that movie Misery? Well, i'm no James Cann and you're no Kathy Bates but if you remember the pain and desperation on Caan's face, well then you'd understand how I felt when i locked eyes on you for the last time.  

I was riding my bike and somehow bumped into you on the street by a lonely building. There was nothing said right off the bat, we were just so shocked to see each other. Seeing you standing there in the flesh -  dressed in dark garb with a thick designer pea coat on and a grey scarf loosely wrapped around your neck - rendered me frozen. My grip was still tight on the brake levers, beginning to warm up into a sweat from my rising body temperature. You looked just as stunned as I did. Did our memories flash before your eyes just as it did with me? And how long has it been since? Maybe two years - maybe three? You looked as beautiful as always. If not, more than ever. You smelled of roses and light body oil. The aroma hit me like a wave, quickly washing over me and throwing my balance off until I fell flat on my back. I think our very first words were 'hi.' It was the only sensible thing to say, I guess. 

I don't know why i went on with this dream. we just stood there frozen in time looking into each other's eyes. I'm not quite sure what this all means. I think i may have to say something to you that i feel u deserve. Something. I don't know. I'm feeling like mush right now thinking back on it all. 

Yeah... i'll be seeing you later. 


Takeru 

No comments: